Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Finally Finished Quilt and Belated Thank You

I have been so busy finishing my quilt that
I can hardly believe I let two weeks go by!
I did this quilt for a contest with Better Homes
and Gardens.

I scattered circles on the blue and green squares
and blanket stitched around them. I tried big
stitch quilting with floss in circles to match the
size of the circles. It was harder than I thought
to control the larger stitch length. But I
liked the way the back looks with all the circles.
I had left over circles and made two pillows
to match....

Now for an apology...I never got around
around to showing my cute Halloween gourd
that I won from Lynda at
Haunted Swamp Designs... Isn't it too cute!?


Thanks so much!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I just happened onto your blog and wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed my visit here. I am not a quilter, but love them and hope someday to make one. I love all the things you make. This quilt and pillows are awesome! Good luck with the Better Homes contest! I love your header. You just have a beautiful blog. Thank you. Enjoy your day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Carlie! You are a winner of my Giveaway. Please check my blog!

    ReplyDelete