Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Repurposing Twin Bed, Pumpkin, Wool Skirt


I did a class at church last week on repurposing, reusing and recycling...It was a lot of fun and I found out that I really do use things for purposes than what they were intended...

This bench was a twin headboard and foot board.
I cut the foot board in half and screwed in into the headboard as the bench arms.

Then a board that matched was cut
to go across the front and one for
the seat. I really like the way it turned
out and since it was solid wood it
is very heavy...




I love to shop Goodwill and get old
wool skirts to use...I have made
several pillows from them as
the two crow pillows show...















I don't think this is recycling but
I do think it is repurposing!!!

I made an arrangement in a carve-able
pumpkin and it sit on an old chest in my foyer...


I haven't had a chance to do my
Halloween decorating but
will soon and I will get some pics posted.





Hope Y'all have a Happy Fall!!!!!!!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you visiting my blog! I think we have a lot in common. My dad actually makes those bed benches to sell at craft shows, he scavenges old cribs and beds and turns them into wonderful furniture. Yours turned out beautifully!! And I get all my wool at goodwill too, from skirts to old blankets. I make some wool creations but most of it goes to rug hooking.
    I'll be adding you to my bloglist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be able to have my SIL make me one of those bed benches - I just love them!!! Your's turned out awesome!

    ~Neenee~

    ReplyDelete