Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sewing Machine Mat Challenge


So...I was having my morning cup of tea and
catching up on my blog reading when I came
across Jenny of ELEFANTZ and much to
my surprise and dismay I saw a reference
to her sewing machine mat challenge!
I don't know how I missed it in her
earlier post about it!
So...since I had made a cover in her cover
challenge and had been wanting to design
something to go under my machine that
would have pockets and pincushion handy, I
got myself busy and put this together...



I didn't get a good picture and it is not as crooked
as like it looks! But it is a real quick sew once I
made up my mind how I was going to do it.
It is hard to tell from the picture but the rickrack
is not only pocket dividers but is tied to my
scissors and seam ripper (can't see them too
well but they are laying in front of my machine).
Now I won't be able to walk off with them and
have to hunt for them when I am back at my
machine!!! The large pocket in the center
will catch my clippings and threads and the stripes
on the end is two pockets and a pincushion.


On the back I sewed in rubberized shelf liner
to keep it from sliding around while I sew!
Now I can get rid of my old well used thread
catcher and pincushion that was always in my
way and getting knocked off my table.
THANKS Jenny for the challenge, my sewing
room is looking so much better now!!!!!!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Carlie, that is fantastic!!!
    You added things I never thought of - way to go!!!
    Good luck in the draw! :-)
    Hugs
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic sewing mat and cover. It looks wonderful, very clever work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome Carlie!!! Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mat.If you don't mind me asking where did you source your rubberised shelf liner from? My mat is slipping when I use my machine and I was trying to think of ways to stop it from doing this :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sewing machine cover is just wonderful. I love it. You did such a great job. I am thrilled that you came to visit and I am now a follower. I hope we get to know each other, and someday you come to Ireland and we can meet.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete