Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sewing Machine Cover Challenge

Well I have finished my sewing machine cover for the challenge with
Jenny of Elefantz http://elefantz.blogspot.com/search/label/Sewing%20Machine%20Cover%20Challenge%20for%20August.
I really like it after I finally chose the fabrics.
I almost went with bright
contemporary colors but they wouldn't have looked
right with the rest of my room. Of course it is a hodge podge of colors but
I have a black, wine, and camel rug and my rag quilt hangs right above
my machine so I went with the colors of my
room...which happen to be my favorite colors!

I made pockets on both sides for scissors and other items. I sew on a
rubber shelf mat to keep my sewing machine from sliding around.
That is the wine fabric under my machine

Here it is all done and since I had a new cover I had to
clean and organize my sewing room a bit!!

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. It looks really lovely, Carlie! I love your fabric choice and the colours too! :-) Good luck in the draw. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cover
    good luck in the draw
    hugs Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carlie!

    Oh wow - what a gorgeous creation you have made! It sits beautifully on your craft desk with your other delights! Love it!

    Hugs! Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely craft area. Your sewing machine cover just finishes it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it Carlie!!! My favorite colors too - and love the idea of pockets on the sides.
    Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an accent to your room, which I love.. All looks so happy..:))). Like the yoyos and your choice of fabric.. Good luck in the challenge.
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new cover. The fabrics are fabulous! And the "stitchin" made me smile when I opened your blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the extra pockets you created when you made your beautiful cover....great cover!
    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carlie what a pretty sewing machine cover. You did a really good job on that...Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Have a wonderful Tuesday

    Hugs
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trabalho pronto ,sensação gostosa!!!
    Achei muito lindo!!!
    liége

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just gorgeous!!! I love the yoyo flowers :)
    Thanks for dropping by my blog and for the guess in the competition.. I'll be putting up another post for it in a few days, when we have made the "something purple"!
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete