Thursday, August 20, 2009

Penny Rug Pincushion, Needlecase

I really love penny rugs so when I saw a pincushion done in one I knew I had to try one.
I'm sorry I can't remember where I saw one but it wasn't my idea.
I started with a needlecase...

Here is the pincushion with penny "pins"...it is hard to see the pins
but they are hanging in the air on the right!!!


Here is the set with my hand-crank sewing machine.
I collect old sewing machines and old toy sewing machines. They were bought with the hopes of opening a quilt store and using them to decorate it...maybe someday!!
The machine sews good and I made curtains, comforter, and pillows
for my daughter's room when my electric machine broke.
The only problem was that it was hard to hold the fabric with one hand
and turn the crank with the other.


I made a scissor fob with a large penny and a pin roll with small ones.
Below is a closeup of the scissor fob.






Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carlie - I love your blog, it is so cute and your signature is wonderful :) I would love to see pictures of your sewing machines! I have the old one I painted the cabinet on today.. and I have a reproduction singer treadle.. somewhere around here I have an actual one that works that I use when I get the wild hair to sew :) which is not often.. I like to quilt with a sewing machine. I like to machine piece and then hand quilt. Its great to meet you - I think we will become good friends, we have alot in common!

    ReplyDelete