Sunday, August 2, 2009

Origami Bag



I finished a cute origami bag that I seen on Jo's "No Matter Where I Go...I always meet myself there!" blog. She does beautiful Crazy Quilt work. You should check out her site if you haven't already. She has a tutorial on this bag and a link for the pattern at "My Little Mochi" blog.



This is the other side. I did find out that you have to be careful where you embroider because you can lose some of your designs in the folds, so pre-fold before you start and see where the best place to start and stop your stitching will be.


This is a close up of the YoYo and covered button. I embroidered it after I covered it.
My 11 year old granddaughter Meghan loves anything oriental so of course she like the idea of an origami bag so I am now teaching her how to embroider and sew. We spent yesterday getting a sewing kit ready for her and letting her embroider on a needle case and strawberry scissor fob to practice her stitches before starting on her purse. She is doing real well.
Meghan and Lilly, who is going to be six, have both showed interest in embroidery. Meghan has been stitching and crocheting for a while but Lily just got a small kit recently. I did have a little bit of reluctance to giving her small scissors because she had cut her hair and her sisters in the past. Hopefully she is over that stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment