Saturday, August 29, 2009

Emma's Men's Shirt Dress

This is Emma and her dress we made last night for
her from an old button up shirt.
Each on we make goes a little faster than the one before!!
Now I just have three more granddaughters to go.

Here is a closeup of the front (which was originally the back of the shirt).
I took the collar off and used it at the top of the yoke and we added two
vintage buttons stacked together.



This was the front of the shirt which makes the back easier since we
didn't have to do buttonholes. It works up fast...I cut the dress out and
handed the pieces to Rachel for her to sew. We made a good team.


My oldest Granddaughter Meghan got a quilted bag with a matching small
zippered bag to carry her school stuff in...sorry no picture yet since she took
it home with her. She likes bags better than backpacks. She is a little big for a
shirt dress but I think I can do the same thing but make it a top instead.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Who would have thought that an old shirt could turn into something so adorable on your grand daughter. Just look at her smile. She is a cutie.

    Thank you for your comments on my witch doll Darkwena Batts.

    JoEllen

    ReplyDelete